Lionel Nguyen Van Thé
Laboratoire d'analyse, topologie et probabilités UMR 7353
Centre de Mathématiques et Informatique (CMI)
Aix-Marseille Université, Technopôle Château-Gombert
39, rue F. Joliot Curie
13453 Marseille Cedex 13
Email : lionel_at_latp.univ-mrs.fr
Tel : +33 (0) 4 13 55 13 06
Fax : +33 (0) 4 13 55 14 02
Office : 322
My research mostly deals with Ramsey theory, which is usually thought as a branch of combinatorics. It is based on several connections with topological group theory, metric spaces and Banach spaces geometry (such as the Hilbert space, the Urysohn space, the Holmes space), and logic (in particular Fraïssé and combinatorial set theory). I am also interested in combinatorial and set-theoretic methods which can be used to attack problems coming from topological groups theory and operator theory, for example, when ultraproducts are used.
* On relative extreme amenability (with Yonatan Gutman), 2011.
* Ramsey precompact expansions of homogeneous directed graphs (with Claude Laflamme, Jakub Jasinski and Robert Woodrow), 2013.
Accepted or published
- Universal flows of closed subgroups of S_∞, Asymptotic Geometric Analysis, Fields Institute Communications, vol. 68, Springer, 229-245, 2013.
- More on the Kechris-Pestov-Todorcevic correspondence: precompact expansions, Fund. Math., 222, 19-47, 2013.
- Partitions of countable infinite dimensional vector spaces (with Claude Laflamme, Maurice Pouzet et Norbert Sauer), J. Combin. Theory Ser. A , 118 (1), 67-77, 2011.
- Some Ramsey theorems for finite n-colorable and n-chromatic graphs, Contrib. Discrete Math., 5 (2), 7 pages, 2010.
- Partition properties of the dense local order and a colored version of Milliken's theorem (with Claude Laflamme et Norbert Sauer), Combinatorica, 30 (1), 83-104, 2010.
- Structural Ramsey theory of metric spaces and topological dynamics of isometry groups, Memoirs of the Amer. Math. Soc., 968 (206), 155 pages, 2010.
- Some weak indivisibility results in ultrahomogeneous metric spaces (with Norbert Sauer), European J. Combin., 31, 1464-1483, 2010.
- Distinguishing Number of Countable Homogeneous Relational Structures (with Claude Laflamme et Norbert Sauer), Electron. J. Combin. , 17 (1), 17 pages, 2010.
- Fixed point-free isometric actions of topological groups on Banach spaces (with Vladimir Pestov), Bull. Belg. Math. Soc. - Simon Stevin, 17, 17-51, 2010.
- The Urysohn sphere is oscillation stable (with Norbert Sauer), GAFA, Geom. funct. anal., 19, 536-557, 2009.
- Ramsey degrees of finite ultrametric spaces, ultrametric Urysohn spaces and dynamics of their isometry groups, European J. Combin., 30, 934-945, 2009.
- Big Ramsey degrees and divisibility in classes of ultrametric spaces, Canad. Math. Bull., 51 (3), 413-423, 2008.
- The oscillation stability problem for the Urysohn sphere: A combinatorial approach (with Jordi Lopez Abad), Top. Appl., 155 (14), 1516-1530, 2008.
- Théorie structurale des espaces métriques et dynamique topologique des groupes d'isométries. TEL
- Defended December 4, 2006, under the supervision of Stevo Todorcevic.
- Members of the jury : Gilles Godefroy (Chair), Jordi Lopez Abad (Examiner), Jaroslav Nesetril (Examiner), Vladimir Pestov (Referee), Maurice Pouzet (Examiner), Norbert Sauer (Referee), Stevo Todorcevic (Advisor).
An unpublished note with a long story
- On a problem of Specker about Euclidean representations of finite graphs, 5 pages.
Last update: July 4, 2013.